The dos and don’ts when conducting an aptitude test
One of the most necessary steps of recruitment these days is the aptitude test. It is almost a must for every technical company to conduct this test nowadays to get a better assessment of the candidate that they are hiring, so that they can optimize their skilled work force.
The fact that an Aptitude test is really helpful is known to those who understand the functions of an aptitude test. This test helps in making sure that you know the entire profile of the candidate. An aptitude test gives you an idea about the basic nature of the candidate and more importantly what are their strong suits. This in turn will help you to understand what kind of work is best suited for the candidate and hence you will be able to assign them work accordingly. However, the effectiveness of these aptitude tests will depend a lot on the way you decide to go about it. So here are some strict dos and don’ts that you have to follow.
Stick to the dos
- Designing an aptitude test can be really tough. This is a task that is best left to the experts. Hire a company to do the work for you. There are trained professionals who will get this work done for you. They will design the test and evaluate the results too. This way your test and evaluation will be more thorough than you could have ever made it.
- Always sit down with the company that you are hiring to make the aptitude test and let them know what the features are that you are looking for in the candidate. Let them know about the job profile too so that they can screen the candidates for certain aptitudes and design the test accordingly.
- Always conduct the aptitude test online. Allow the candidates to take the test from home so that they can be in a relaxed atmosphere where they will be able to give their 100 %. This way you will end up saving the cost of conducting the exam and the time that you will have to invest.
The don’ts that you have to avoid
- Do not opt for the standard tests. Invest some money and ask the professionals that to design a test that is specifically meant for you. This will help in making the evaluation a far more stronger and thorough one.
- Do not conduct the aptitude test later. Do it at the first stage of the recruitment process so that you can give every candidate a fair chance and you and narrow down the number of candidates from the very beginning. This will help in saving a lot of time.
- Do not try to evaluate the results yourself. Ask the professionals to do it for you. The company that will design the test for you will offer evaluation services as well which you should go for.
Stick to these dos and don’ts and you will surely be able to hire candidates of your choice who will prove to be a long term asset to the company.